ScrapMojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup

3 posters

Go down

Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup Empty Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup

Post by Alanamous Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 pm

I sent several of you referral links already (if I have your email address). I've used Dropbox to share my Fancy Pants Butterfly kit already w/ Chelsey, Brooke & Melissa. It is a painless way to share and store LARGE files and tiny files as well as maintain backups. I think we can use this for contests too and it will be so much smoother. Feel free to add your referral links and we can split up referrals so we can all get extra storage space. You start off with 2 GB.

What can we do w/ Dropbox??

File Sharing - Share Scrapbook Kits directly from our computer harddrives
File Sync - Make changes to shared files and sync w/ all shared users
File Backup - files on Dropbox are backed up so not only can you access them from anywhere, you can use them as backups.

The instructions on the site are pretty clear, here's the "tour":

https://www.dropbox.com/tour

Alana's Dropbox Referral Link
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcwMzk1NDk5
Alanamous
Alanamous

Aka : Alana

Back to top Go down

Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup Empty Re: Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup

Post by R.M. Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 am

The only problem is, for people that are paying for their internet by how much they use then drop down to a really slow internet if they go over, dropbox makes them use up their limit really fast. Kel, Megs, Megz, Britt, and I had it for sharing our recipes and stuff a couple years ago but it sucked up all of Kel's internet usage.
R.M.
R.M.
:::

Aka : Rachel, Rach, Rae

Back to top Go down

Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup Empty Re: Dropbox - File Sharing/Sync & Backup

Post by Alanamous Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 am

Hmmmm. So I'd just have to set it up with many separate folders. And make sure for those people w/ limited download/upload capacity to always make sure that any files they want are in a separate folder w/ nothing else and nobody else adds to that folder to screw things up.

I'll just have to organize a plan w/ clear directions. I still think I can make it work. I think it's a much easier/faster way to upload/download and not worry about passwords etc. I still don't see that as a problem - PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.
Alanamous
Alanamous

Back to top Go down

Post by R.M. Wed May 19, 2010 4:35 am

lol not sure as it has been well over a year since I (or probably any of them) have logged into it at all so I don't remember much about it.
R.M.
R.M.

Aka : Rachel, Rach, Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanamous Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 am

:) Well, I guess I'm just going to have to use my rusty brain!!
Alanamous
Alanamous

Back to top Go down

Post by brookieadkins Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 pm

So far I like it alot I have 3 people signed up under me woooo haha
brookieadkins
brookieadkins
:::::
:::::

Aka : Brookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum