ScrapMojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this

3 posters

Go down

swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this Empty swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this

Post by cllfdl Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 am

Hi Everybody. I found this site not even sure how but it seems like a fun idea. The idea is you swap with partners from all over the world. for example I just finished a "stuff your sock swap". I received the name of the person i was to send to, read her profile and went shopping to try to find things she would like and stuffed a pair of socks. tommorow I will mail it to her. here is what the home page says:

What is Swap-bot?

Do you like sending and receiving snail mail? Do you like writing
letters, making crafts, or putting together fun packages? You should
try swapping! Swap-bot is a online service that organizes group swaps
and a community of creative individuals. Swap-bot takes the hassle out
of participating in group swaps by organizing all of the participant
information and doing all of the partner assignments. On Swap-bot, you
can host swaps, join swaps, and chat with other swappers from all over
the world. Give it a try!

here is the link:
http://www.swap-bot.com/
i enjoy it.

* edited due to stupid keyboard not working correctly. trying to baby it until taxes come in. LOL

Last edited by cllfdl on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cllfdl
:::::

Aka : Faye

Back to top Go down

swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this Empty Re: swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this

Post by BaD KittY Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 am

OOOOooooWWWwww sounds interesting... i will look into it tonight after work cheers

THANKS Faye!!

We could probably organize something like that on here scratch if there was interest of course! Wink
BaD KittY
BaD KittY
::

Aka : Kel or F#*cktard Wink

Back to top Go down

swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this Empty Re: swap-bot (hope this is the correct place to post this

Post by cllfdl Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm

I'd like to have one here!!
cllfdl

Aka : Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by BaD KittY Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:44 pm

GREAT.... lets see how many others show interest!! cheers
BaD KittY
BaD KittY

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 am

I'd be interested. IF anybody wants something from Britain. Be aware the postal costs in Britain can be steep though. You'd get at cost though.
I know sometimes some places won't send things overseas - which can be/is a pain in the derriere!
We could even pay for things by sending money as a gift via Paypal, paying postage too.

I was thinking more of things you'd like to buy overseas rather than swap. I know if things were sent to me as a gift instead of via a merchant it can mean I get them for far less (the damned tax & VAT on imports (not gifts) etc. is a pain). I know Megz has the same problem in Canada - so she also might appreciate this.

I'd like to be creative - but I'm not - so that's my suggestion (a creative one!) instead! One day I WILL join in on this scrapbooking lark - honest!

We can normally get things from the US, although I feel guilty asking Johnny (Carls' best mate who works REALLY hard) or Sarah (the eldest daughter - as she has SOOO much on her plate), Molly (the younger daughter), with far more time & working near a Post Office, forgets to post things LOL & suddenly finds them in her car boot - 2 months after we've given up on receiving them.
Linda
Linda

Aka : Linda

Back to top Go down

Post by BaD KittY Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 am

LMAO "Molly (the younger daughter), with far more time
& working near a Post Office, forgets to post things LOL &
suddenly finds them in her car boot - 2 months after we've given up on
receiving them."

sounds like me LOL!!!
BaD KittY
BaD KittY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum